Friday, July 3, 2009

Favorite Baby Products that Don't Cost a Fortune

Here are a couple of my favorite baby products. Don't worry, Frugally Green isn't turning into a baby blog, I'm just trying to point out how to get some good deals.


My Brestfriend Nursing Pillow
Despite it's ultra cheesy name, this is my absolute favorite baby product ever. It helped with nursing more than anything else out there. Unlike the boppy pillow the brestfriend sits high and close around your waist to get the baby in the perfect position for breast feeding. There are also two little bumps on top to either provide additional softness for your elbows or to prop your newborn's head on so that he latch properly. With the boppy my babies would slide down in between the pillow and my belly and I would end up hunched down and uncomfortable. The My Brestfriend pillow completely changed nursing for me. The are pretty expensive new--$30 to $40 dollars depending on which cover you get. But these babies are all over Craigslist, Freecycle, and in consignment shops and thrift stores. I bought one at a thrift store, still in the package for only $2! But a more realistic price on Craigslist is about $15.







Antilop Highchair by Ikea


This highchair costs $19.99 new and you can purchase the tray for $5. $24.99 for a highchair is a steal. But! Check resale stores and Craigslist. We found ours for $8 at a baby consignment store and I've seen them listed on Craiglist many times. What we love about this highchair is that it's simple, simple, simple. Since the seat is all once piece it cleans up very easily and if needed we can fit the tray in the dishwasher. When our son was little we just put a little pillow behind him to fill up the space. There are no different seat positions but we've never found that to be a problem. Plus, it looks great and doesn't take up much space.


I'll add more to this list in a couple of days. In the meantime, what are some of your favorite frugal or green baby products?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw Michael Dugger using this nursing pillow while standing up riding on a float!! I believe it was the show where the family all went to Dolly Parton's park. She must love it too as she is shown using it off and on a lot on their show. Wish they were available when I was nursing my children. Jody

Online baby products said...

hello sir i really like your blog many knowledgeable information in this blog and every articles in this blog really very nice thanks for share it
Baby Gifts

Unknown said...

This blog is abosolutely wondeful, i like the new ideas introduced here, it catched my attention since the first time that i saw it. i must to say i usually like the good products specially the ones whic can give a lot of benefits. That is why i am proving
costa rica investment opportunities

Mitchypoo said...

I love your blog but where are you guys? Did you create a new blog or??

Sarah said...

No longer updating... did you move to different blog?

jade said...

The All Natural Lip Balm has a beautiful natural fragrance and taste and is not sticky leaving your lips moisturised with a subtle hint of gloss. Ann Royston